So its been two whole weeks since THE PATCH, the world didnt end and we all survived. Things have calmed down a little (unless you play a ret paladin) but I admit to being a little undecided about some of the changes.
- It suits the sombre serious look Mariposa is currently sporting
- I was over flowing with necrotic shards and I like spending things)
The two faction specifc zones are very different. The Horde one (The Sunreaver’s Sanctuary) seems smaller and a lot more spit and sawdust. The Innkeeper is another scary female Orc in the tradition of Sergra Darkthorn and she guards the door with two big hungry wolves. It seems more suited to a Barrens outpost than a civilised and charming city like Dalaran. Sure, I can imagine sleeping off a hangover in front of the fire, or collapsing on one of the hammocks after a bit too much bitter cactus apple cidar, but compared to the Alliance quarter it lacks something. That said, the huge platters of food, the barrels of apples and cheeses in the cellar and the dancing troll barmaids make the place feel a lot more lively than most of the current drinking spots. Also how can you not want to drink in a watering hole called the “The Filthy Animal”?
You can now get Sinister Squashlings from the treat bags, as well as a drop from the Headless Horseman, so even my lv 8 rogue has managed to lay her mitts on one. Whilst im glad they made them easier to obtain, I do think 2 squashlings and 2 hallowed helms in 2 hours seems a bit too easy.
The gnomeling hit the Outlands this morning, in record time for us. Looks like he will make the deadline of being 70 before the expansion hits, something we really werent sure of when we started. Here he can be seen in his true colours, a lepergnome with a pumpkin head. On a side note, the achievement for popping a pumpkin on the head of every race almost killed me this morning, Horde throwing things at you is scary.
- Ret Paladins have already been nerfed
- We are still sharing battlegroup space with a Spanish Battlegroup
- Around 95 percent of the post patch threads on the PvP forums are complaining about either shared battlegrounds with no common language or ret paladins. The other 5 percent are keyloggers
- I managed to rescue my priest, no thanks to Blizzard. My ticket was answered with an email telling me to delete my WTF folder
- The gnomeling is now lv 38, almost 39 (but he bailed on me to watch the Grand Prix practise)
- I specced my paladin prot and had fun tanking the Sunken Temple (have to start somewhere)
- Did some battlegrounds on my resto shaman. They went much better than I expected. Wasnt two shot by anyone and managed to keep the gnome alive against an arms warrior. Got some of the pvp achievements, including the one for 300,000 damage or healing in a single game.
- Did MH on the shaman, again it went much better than I was expecting. Loved the flowerpower feel of raiding with shamans and druids. Wild Growth has a wonderful animation, which when combined with the flowers from my weapon enchant gave the raid a real garden feel. Didnt feel particularly stressed in the mana department, saw lots of big numbers flying around the screen.
- The ability to track low level quests. I cant believe how many I haven’t done on Mariposa (haven’t had time to check the others yet).
- Stormwind Harbour. No I don’t know where I got my harbour fetish from either.
- The Dreanei hit aura is now both visible, and works for both melee and spell hit.
- Glyphs. Currently shadow and using the power word shield and the dispel magic one. Combined they add some nice extra healing without having to drop shadow form.
- I have bag space, lots of it. Pets, mounts, pvp tokens and badges of justice all neatly filed away.
- Achievements. Although its a little frustrating that I seem to have explored the whole known world, just not on any one toon. However its given me plenty to do between now and the expansion actually hitting.
- Obviously being stuck is a little frustrating, as is the fact that the server stability seemsnonexistent.
- Burst damage is depressing, especially on the part of the melee classes
- Addons not working. Although Ive taken the opportunity to downsize.
Well its a few more hours til the EU servers go down for the night, but once they do….. no more starshards.