So not only do I have at least one reader, said reader nominated me for an award. Yay. Once I got over the surprise at being nominated for anything, I read the small print.
Naturally there is a catch, isn’t there always. (Can’t help wondering if those holes are caused by rust or bullets, going with corrosion because its less disturbing. Suppose they could be bullet holes with rusty edges… hmm. Also that disembodied arm has really good finger nails for someone doing manual work).
Back on topic:
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
Ok, sounds easy enough. Or at least I thought it did, but coming up with seven innocent souls who I could tag proved to be slightly harder than I expected. After all, pretty much everyone I read has already been tagged at least once already. So my solution, well its slightly cheaty but hey, I am spending virtually all my WoW time playing a warlock right now… If you are reading this, have a blog, have managed to avoid being tagged by anyone else and want to participate, consider yourself one of the family er tagged (I usually have some form of weird and inappropriate music playing in my head, today its musical theatre).
10 things about me you didn’t know.
- I rather like all things pink. Every shade from shocking to a delicate shade of off white with a hint of rose, although come to think of it, you may already have noticed my fondness for that. So, when I was about 10 I painted my bedroom ceiling a really dark shade of dusty pink and stuck glow in the dark stars all over it. When I went to University it took my parents 7 coats of white paint to cover it up and even now there are little pastel pink bits in amongst the white.
- I over-think things, this is partly responsible for my list fetish. If I plan everything in advance down to the last possible detail… what can possibly go wrong? Yes I am a control freak and yes, things often go wrong despite the lists. However hope springs eternal and one of these days…. I’ll have covered every eventuality.
- I love cooking. My favourite cuisine would have to be Mexican. I spent 4 months traveling there and fell in love with the food we tasted. Salsas, avocados, chilis, sopa de lima, I could live on that stuff. I’m also addicted to buying cookery books and watching cooking shows on tv, favourites include “Good Eats”, “Top Chef” and “Iron Chef”. Eating Mexican whilst watching Top Chef, now thats my idea of heaven.
- When I raid, especially progress stuff I need cherry coke and haribo, preferably star mix for those hairy moments when it all goes horribly wrong and the Raidleader enrages (this tends to happen regularly).
- I read a lot. A variety of genres and authors, everything from Shakespeare to Jilly Cooper. Actually I read anything and everything, the back of cereal packets to airplane instructions for disasters. If something has words on it, I tend to have to read it.
- I have a temper.
- I have a 5 foot wooden skeleton called Francisco. He is pink and white (no surprises there) and you should have seen the look on the customs guy’s face when the Gnomeling told him there was a skeleton in the bag, tbh I’m amazed we didn’t get arrested or shot or both.
- I have no sense of direction. When I sat my driving test I drew an R on my right hand and even now when someone asks for directions, I mentally go through the process of thinking “I write with my right hand”. This is why we have a GPS. I can even get lost in cities with a grid system. Ironically, I really like maps, I just suck at interpreting them correctly.
- I have a birthmark shaped just like a space invader on my stomach.
- I love marmite on toast.
This is Francisco in all his glory, ok, hes slightly dirty but he had just survived a horrible flight from Cancun to Gatwick in the baggage hold. We hit turbulence within minutes of getting airborne and it lasted all the way across the atlantic, so being inside a bag being thrown around must have been fairly horrific. It was bad enough in the cabin ( I also hate flying, its the control freak thing again. Its not helped by the fact that I was an airforce brat and my father’s favourite onflight trick was to explain with the help of an napkin and a plastic fork why planes fly and in some cases stop flying at really inopportune moments). Actually with hindsight, no wonder my mother always insisted we take the ferry wherever possible.
Francisco now lives in the corner of my bedroom, wearing a winter hat (he doesn’t like the cold) and smirking at me.
Over all that works out as more than 10 things I know, but its like a cascade effect, one thing leads to another and all that.
Filed under: RL