Recently I’ve become rather obsessed with transmogrification and much searching of WoWhead, bank bags and running random quests later, here are the fruits of my labours.
She was my original Druid, made fairly early on during the “vanilla” period. Whilst she didn’t raid much, she made the odd foray into the original ZG (picking up items such as Nat Pagle’s Fishing Terminator) and Molten Core (collecting five pieces of the Cenarion set in one raid). Thus her bank and bags were full of possible transmogrification items. However, I wanted to avoid a particularly Druidic look on her, possibly because Teasel’s outfit with it’s leafy shoulders screams Druid.
- Head: Goat Skin Mask. Quest reward in the Badlands.
- Shoulders: Shrug of Disappointment. Quest reward in the Badlands.
- Chest: Vest of Restraint. Quest reward in the Badlands.
- Legs: Blessed Legs of Undead Slaying (Unfortunately these are no-longer in game). Possible alternatives include Frostsaber leggings (made by Leatherworking), Warbear Woolies (again made by Leatherworking) or the Earthborn Kilt (world drop).
- Weapon: Grand Marshal’s Stave (Requires you to have reached rank 8 or higher during the original ranking system in “vanilla”). However I think the Chillwind Staff from “Alas Andorhal” would also work colour-wise. (I realise that both of these are Alliance only options, sorry Horde). A third and universal option might be the Charmed Cierge which can be obtained from 10 man Naxxramas.
Note the Hyacinth Macaw that Mr Harpy serendipitously acquired whilst corpse camping someone who dared to gank a guildmate in STV.
I knew I wanted to build something around those shoulders and unlike Briarrose, Teasel is resto for life so the leaf theme seemed to suit her better.
- Head: She is wearing the Headdress of the Verdent Circle, you just can’t see it. That’s the antler re-skin of the tier 1 helm. Technically this version might go better with the green of the dress (this one is the only one available to non-druids).
- Shoulders: Mantle of Autumn. Drops from Laj on both normal and heroic Botanica (you can just stealth straight to him at 85).
- Chest: Jinxed Hoodoo Skin. Drops from Shadowpriest Sezz’ziz in Zul’Farrak. There is also an orange version of this called the Flamestrider Robes.
- Legs: Jinxed Hoodoo Kilt. Drops from Shadowpriest Sezz’ziz in Zul’Farrak.
- Weapon: This is just the season 10 PvP weapon but Terestian’s Stranglestaff would be a definite possibility.
Now I just need to find something to suit my Boomkin and my baby Troll and that’s the Druids sorted.