Cymre has been doing an awesome series on Fairytale heroines and transmogrification. I particularly love her Little Red Riding Hood and her Sleeping Beauty. However heroines just aren’t my thing, poisoned apples and gingerbread houses… well that’s a different story.
When I was in my last year of primary school, we were putting on some sort of fairytale production and I desperately wanted to be the heroine. However as my teacher pointed out as I sprawled on the floor, my long legs splayed out and my knees covered in scabs and bruises, dainty I wasn’t. True to form, the part of the fairy princess went to some tiny blonde thing with hair like golden candyfloss. I was offered either Prince Charming and to be fair, the thought of swords, boots and britches almost sold it or that of the Wicked Witch. In the end being bad won out, better dialogue, more cackling and a broomstick.
Throughout High School and University, I never got to play the heroine (unless you count the Virgin Mary in countless Navitity plays) but I racked up plenty of villains and the odd male character.
So like Shakespeare’s Richard III,
I am determined to prove a villain,
And hate the idle pleasures of these days.
My Mage and I would like to present the perfect outfit for running around Azeroth setting evil (flying) monkeys on the citizens of Azeroth. Broomsticks are optional as is a deranged cackle.
- Helm: Exorcist’s Silk Hood (costs 18 spirit shards)
- Chest: Sanguine Robe
- Shoulders: Illidari Shoulderpads (every Mage knows that things you steal from a Warlock are three times as much fun!)
- Legs: Devil-Stitched Leggings or Leggings of Concentrated Darkness (Depending on how much skin you want to show)
- Bracers: Earthmender’s Bracer of Shattering
- Belt: Sash of the Burning Heart
- Gloves: Gloves of the High Magus
- Staff: Staff of the Plaguehound
- Cloak: Disguise of the Kumiho
- Feet: Ruby Slippers (Come on, what else would a villain wear?). I know they aren’t a perfect match colour-wise but mentioning that will probably get you turned into a sheep.
- Shirt: Sawbone’s Shirt (although any of the red options would do).