Well its a few more hours til the EU servers go down for the night, but once they do….. no more starshards.
Blizzard have finally given up on trying to balance the priest racials and are removing them. Im in two minds about this really.
In an upcoming build all Priest racials have been retired, except the following:
– Desperate Prayer – This is now the 11-point talent in Holy, Holy Nova is now a base ability. Cooldown also reduced to 30 seconds.
– Devouring Plague – Now a base ability. Cooldown reduced to 30 seconds, mana cost greatly reduced.
– Symbol of Hope – Now a base ability. Now restores 5% base mana every 2 seconds for 8 seconds to your party. Renamed “Hymn of Hope.”
While this change does reduce the “uniqueness” of different Priests, we feel game balance as a whole will benefit. Note: These new “racials” are not racials, they are trainable to all Priests.
Its scary that the developers feel we need desparate prayer on a 30 second cooldown however, especially if they arent scaling its healing down.
I liked the variety between priests, even if my own toons didnt always have the best ones.
However Blizzard did take 3 decent racials to apply equally.
- An extra form of dps is always good, that form of dps fitting in with your major magic schools and healing you into the bargain is not to be sneezed at.
- Holy Nova is a bit too gimicky to be a talent, especially since downranking has been removed, so making it baseline is a buff, especially since its been replaced with something useful.
- Self heals on short cooldowns that dont need mana are a wonderful thing, up there with whiskers on kittens and raindrops on roses.
- Hymn of Hope is another reason to take a priest to a raid, abeit a weak one. Plus an extra method of regen is always welcome especially given the potion nerf and the removal of downranking.
All in all, I think its positive, but ill miss the Starshard graphics, huge arcane arrows following your target around was pure win.
Blizzard announced last night that they are making changes to the racials and already there are pages and pages of threads crying, complaining and demanding.
Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won’t come again
And don’t speak too soon
For the wheel’s still in spin
And there’s no tellin’ who
That it’s namin’.
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin’.
It seems that Bob Dylan was spot on. Personally Im in two minds about the whole thing, yes its Blizzard’s game and they reserve the right to chance what they want when they want, but they must be aware that certain people roled certain class/race combinations with race in mind.